Friday, May 27, 2011

Thank you all...and blessings abound...

Just a quick post to thank everyone for the beautiful comments.  If anyone has taken comfort or found understanding for a friend or loved one through my words, then I am so very happy for that is why I write.

Today I went over to a friend's house to do a simple meditation, just sitting back and relaxing and listening to a CD of words and music.  At one point, the guide on the CD asked us to think of all the things that we are blessed with in our lives.  And I thought of my beautiful girls.  Yes, I should have three little girls...but I have two here with me to fill up my heart with love...and fill up my life with chaos and laughter (and the odd tantrum), and Hannah Montana posters (aaarrgh!) and refusals to eat cooked carrots (although oddly, tinned ones are fine), and a fringe that I am absolutely NOT allowed to trim (I've threatened to sneak in and cut it when she's asleep!), and half eaten biscuits under the beds along with dirty socks (always odd ones), and soggy dolls in the bathroom (and something that left a bright pink stain on the white grout)......and hugs and cries of "you're the best mummy in the world!", and impromptu interpretive dance performances (usually at bedtime) and singing loudly while climbing trees in the front yard, and two note recorder playing, and "I have to be a monkey for today's assembly item!", and "I don't have any clean knickers (have you looked in your drawer?)", and homemade Mothers' Day Cards with enough glitter to make Tinkerbelle sneeze.........well, you get the picture!  Life is full to bursting, and my precious little ones are growing so quickly it makes my head spin sometimes.  But they are my blessings, and so you see, I am blessed indeed.  There is a Morgan sized hole in my life, but how can I be sad for long, when I have faeries such as these shining like rainbows in my garden?!

15 comments:

Lunar Hine said...

Blessings on your beautiful faeries - precious gifts indeed.

Jess said...

I have tears in my eyes reading this Christina. Your little girls are so sweet and precious. Thankyou for sharing.xx

mirsini's creations said...

I Loved this post, really touching words!! It must be magic to see their wings growing !!! Blessings to you and your beautiful fairies! :o)

Jean said...

Beautiful post. I have to remember each day, as one country song says--"It's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away." You have just given me one of those moments.

Charlotte said...

you have beautiful fairies...my two little imps are smellier and messier (possibly). But I know what you mean about blessings. My eldest is ASD, to some annoying to me unique and special as is his 'normal' brother.

S said...

You make me smile. Thank you. May your fairies always be as delightful and fill your life with sneezing dust.

WOL said...

That blessing goes both ways. They are blessed to have you. How many mums would spend the time and expense to make such lucious fairy costumes for their children? The loss of your angel daughter has sensitized you to how precious life is and how important it is to live in, and enjoy, every precious moment.

Kate Raven said...

I love how hurting and healing can exist side by side, blending into each other. Lovely post.

Valerianna said...

They sure are shining rainbows! I love those faery outfits....

It seems that something is wrong with the "followers" thing... on my blog, too, suddenly disappeared!

Hope Autumn is in full swing? Its finally warm and sunny here... yay!

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

That's a picture to treasure indeed, what beautiful fairies! You've summed up motherhood very well, I think my two girls aren't too much younger than yours...
My Dad told me yesterday that he's said to my youngest who's only just four,that she was a rascal, and she replied "Yes but I am a lovely little rascal aren't I"

Unknown said...

I celebrate the power of gratitude with you, and the wonder of faeries both young like your two little loves and older ones like my beautiful almost-29 year old.

Unknown said...

They may even be angels...

PremI said...

Joy of motherhood revealed with a flow of ease...
Also the hidden pain...
Lovely write!

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

Hi Christina,
Do you remember ages back when you posted your song 'Through the Window' and I said it reminded me of a Sandy Denny song about a knight in a wood with the sounds of the wind?
I finally remembered what it was called and tracked it down, I think you'll like it... I've posted a clip on my Windsongs and Wordhoards blog for you! :)

Barry said...

Hi C - love the title of your blog. Must be hard to carry the pain of your little one who died yet celebrate the colour and energy of you Fairies. Go well, be at peace and create well. B

Related Posts with Thumbnails