Sunday, May 2, 2010

Perpetual Motion.....

This is how this big piece (1m x 1m) looks now...well, 3 pictures of it (and some details) because it's so hard to photograph.  It's dark and has a high gloss varnish on it, so any light reflects off it, and the camera insists on using the flash!  So it's somewhere between the three...ironically the truest is the one with the throw rug blocking one corner!  I thought I'd finished it around 12:30am this morning (yawn!) but when I got up I decided it needed the four directions added.  Then quick photographs, and varnishing.  Then nervously waiting for the varnish to dry, while clock watching, as it had to be dropped off before 11am.  Phew!

I went to the opening of the Canning Art Award (my local shire) on Friday, and won a Highly Commended Award for this little piece.  This is the second 'heart' piece I've done, I rather like them, so there will no doubt be more to follow.

6 comments:

Danielle Barlow said...

ooh, the colours in this are absolutely scrumptious. I love the depth and vibrancy of them ! And I think we need a detailed close up pic of your heartpiece, so i can see it more clearly! :)

Emerald Window said...

Fabulous!
Cenya

Julia Kelly said...

Very cool and congrats on award-glad I am not the only one who times things down to the seconds on the clock ticking away- but amazing we seem to get it done-dont we!

Michelle said...

Award was well deserved! How cool!

jude said...

ah, the clock. love it.

Ashley Ashbee said...

Thanks for sharing your process. Your artwork is beautiful!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails