Thursday, June 23, 2011

Late Harvest...

Autumn colours mixed with the colours of our southern winter...intense greens, of grass and leaf and tree washed clean and bright with rain.  Some more little wood hangers for my art stall.  Because I am a novice at this, I did not realise that my 'allocated stand' was actually 'allocated floor space' and nothing more, and now must scramble to knock together some kind of display stands to put my larger paintings on.  Beloved says he can make something...ah well, I suppose it's all a learning experience.







And another tea bag leaf



I have something waiting in the wings to show you.  A slightly different direction...or rather, several directions at once.  I have the first pieces completed, but their stories are still floating about my head like a cloud of butterflies, beautiful, but the details are elusive and hard to pin down.  So we must be patient and let them land and become still so as to observe them closely without harming or alarming them.  Stay tuned!


13 comments:

Pixie said...

I adore your pendants, the little looks like my house, wonderful.
Pixie x

Pixie said...

Ooops, that was supposed to say..the little house' looks like my house.
That will teach me to check what i have written in the future. x

trish said...

Beautiful , really beautiful!

Charlotte said...

The little house reminds me of Moomin Papa's tower by the sea.

It's lovely.

Mo Crow said...

Wow such beautiful work!

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

I think this is my favourite leaf so far! Beautiful, and I like your red leaf hanger too... hope it all goes well!

Valerianna said...

Beautiful work, Christina - especially the tea bag piece.... good luck setting up shop!

WOL said...

I really, really like your teabag pieces. Have you thought about tearing little bits off the edge of the teabag (making a deckle edge)and using several done like that in a larger format?

Jess said...

Your work has a wonder and a magic :) I love the one with the little house! Have a lovely weekend.xx

Lula Belle Style said...

Somehow, I always find myself seeking out your blog when I'm feeling scattered...and I always get pulled back together after visiting. Such a quiet spirituality, always settling me down.

Barry said...

MIA- these two lines of work are both full of the personal and delicate. Hopefully they are pieces that people want make part of their lives.My wife Fiona does quite bit of work with teabags, rusting and encaustic that has some similarities with your work. Go well and sell well. B

herhimnbryn said...

Beautiful pieces Mermaid.

Ruthie Redden said...

Christina, all your creations are beautiful! so full of love & feeling. Good luck with your stall, how exciting!! Cant wait for those butterflies to settle x x

Related Posts with Thumbnails